Health Benefits of Owning a Pet Dog
Having a dog has many benefits, and one of them is the health benefits associated with owning a dog. People, who own a dog, may have seen the change in their health and lifestyle.
Read on to know some of the health benefits of owning a dog.
- Heart Health: Dogs just don’t fill your heart with love and affection; they help make it stronger. Studies have found that dogs contribute to cardiovascular health and decrease the risk of heart diseases like heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. There is a low risk of heart diseases in dog owners, and they still face such conditions have better survival rates than non-dog owners. 강아지보험비교.com – 펫키지
- Help to lose weight: Want to lose some inches, get a dog home and go running. Dogs motivate you to keep yourself physically fit. A daily walk with your dog can help reduce weight, as you force yourself to the physical activity time because of your dog. Many consider it a responsibility to take their dog for a walk, which ultimately benefits them, and many consider it a fun time.
- Keep fit and active: Health experts suggest that an adult get at least 2-3 hours of moderate exercise per week. It is only possible in two cases: you have the dedication to it or have a dog, and you have to take time to make them walk and exercise. People love to get out and spend some time with their dog walking, playing, and running, which keeps them active. A game of fetch and play with your dog is enough if you want to stay fit and burn some calories.
- Fight with allergies: People who own a dog are less prone to allergies and asthma. It is also found that kids raised with a dog are less prone to asthma and allergies.
- Reduce doctor visits: If you are above the age of 60, the chances are that your doctor visits reduce by 30% than the people who do not own a dog. Dogs fill your love with so much love and joy, which ultimately reduces the risk of many diseases. 반려견 보험
- Reduce cholesterol level: Dogs help to reduce the cholesterol level in adults and seniors. A simple routine of exercise or playtime can make a significant change in your life. A person who is physically fit and active has a low cholesterol level. You can expect a better and healthy lifestyle for sure if you own a dog. Dogs make you run after them, which keeps you physically fit, and they also support you when you need them, sometimes unknowingly.
- Lower blood pressure: Dogs encourage people to get outside and integrate physical activity into their lives. According to a study, people who own dogs tend to reduce their blood pressure naturally. It is believed that reduced blood pressure associates with the calming effect that a dog has on its owner. After all, there’s nothing better than cuddling up with your furry companion.
- Reduce stress: Life can be stressful, whether it is work, relationship, or personal life. A dog plays a significant role in reducing your stress. Many health experts suggest various techniques like yoga and meditation, no doubt they are helpful to reduce stress, but nothing can beat a cute adorable dog with those little eyes. Spending a few minutes with your dog can give you an ample amount of relaxation, as it increases the level of two significant neurochemicals, serotonin, and dopamine, which play an essential role in making you feel calm and comfortable. Dogs also prove to help the married couple and reduce tension between them.
- Boost immune system: Owning a dog helps to boost your immune system. Exposing yourself to the different bacteria that your dog has creates an effect on your internal body system. While it may sound counterintuitive at first, exposing yourself to other bacteria indeed helps boost the immune system.
- Battle injury and diseases: Owning a dog can help in many ways. It is believed that a dog can detect, manage, and treat various minor disorders and injuries. Some dogs are trained to sniff out skin and help with kidney, bladder, and prostate cancer, while some serve as service dogs and benefit people who suffer from traumatic brain injury. Dogs help Alzheimer’s patients, and their companionship can be of great help. 강아지 보험
- Depression: Dogs help their people in so many ways. It is said that people who own a dog are less prone to depression than people who do not own a dog. Dogs ease depression for various people, be it a young or older person or an adult person.
- Owning a Dog is a Big Responsibility
Owning is a pet is not just playing with it and taking benefits out of it. It is a big commitment and responsibility to own a dog. It’s essential to take care of your dog’s critical needs and ensure that you provide the best of everything to your furry companion. Remember, if you choose to own a pet, you need to take care of hundred other things apart from your daily life. Only take responsibility when you feel that you are entirely ready for it.
Below are some of the responsibilities you need to take care of if you are a dog owner.
- Regular exercise: Dogs require plenty of activities to fulfill their energy needs. Every breed is different from one another, and so are their energy needs. Some require more exercise to stay healthy, while some require moderate activity to keep fit. Dogs require plenty of time outside to play, walk, and run to burn off the excess calories. Young dogs generally require more exercise than adult ones as they are at their growing stage and need a lot of energy for their growth and development of the body.